In partnership with VIR Chicago, we continue to offer some of the most advanced, innovative and minimally invasive approaches to medical care today.
Our board-certified physicians have been at the forefront of vascular and interventional radiology, bringing this modern specialty to the Chicago area for over 25 years – now working with Saint Anthony Hospital to offer more treatment options and advanced care to our community, closer to home.
Interventional radiologists use X-rays, ultrasound, CT scans and other imaging techniques to guide miniaturized instruments through small nicks in the skin to treat a variety of conditions without surgery. In most cases, no surgical incisions or stitches are necessary and general anesthesia is rarely needed.
Additional benefits of IR:
- Most procedures performed as outpatient
- Less pain
- Fewer risks or complications
- Shorter recovery times
- Often less expensive than surgery or other alternatives
Procedures offered cover a wide scope of problems affecting men and women of all ages. Conditions treated include:
- Peripheral Vascular Disease (PVD)/Artery Blockage
- Directed Cancer Treatment and Thermal Ablation
- Liver Diseases and Portal Hypertension
- Endovascular Aneurysm Repair
- High Blood Pressure
- Uterine Fibroid Embolization and Women’s Health Conditions
- Varicocele Embolization
- Venous Diseases and Varicose Veins
- Vascular Access and End Stage Renal Disease
- Vertebral Compress Fractures
For more information about procedures, conditions treated or consultations, please call 773.484.4984.