The Saint Anthony Hospital Midwifery Group are full-time certified Nurse-Midwives (CNMs) dedicated to empowering the women of our community and providing that extra level of support and encouragement in your medical care. They have based their woman-centered practice on the philosophy that health care should be safe and satisfying in a welcoming environment.
Our midwives see every patient admitted for delivery, and closely collaborate with our obstetricians to provide a broad range of options to accommodate your birth experience needs and preferences, while providing emotional support and encouragement before, during, and after the labor and delivery process.
Saint Anthony recently received the American College of Nurse-Midwives (ACNM) Award for low C-Section Rates.
Saint Anthony Hospital was also listed in Birth Guide Chicago as the Best Hospital in the Chicago Area for Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC):
Saint Anthony Hospital is another top-performing hospital for VBAC in the Chicago area. Saint Anthony has a unique model: all pregnant and laboring women are cared for in the first instance by Saint Anthony’s midwives, backed up by a team of obstetricians. That means that the culture at Saint Anthony strongly reflects the midwifery model of care — a culture of patience, confidence in the natural process of birth, respect for the broad range of normal, and an emphasis on communication and shared decision-making.
Alternative Birthing Services:
- Nitrous Oxide – as a pain relief option during labor and delivery.
- CUB (Comfortable Upright Birth) Chairs – to provide mothers comfortable support throughout labor, and option for upright birth.
- Spinning Babies – an approach to optimize the physical relationship between the bodies of the mother and baby for the easing of childbirth.
- COMING SOON: Hydrotherapy Birthing Suite – featuring a heat-controlled warm water tub for a gentle water delivery.
Our Midwives provide care to women in all stages of life including:
- Routine exams and gynecologic care
- Free pregnancy testing
- Pre-pregnancy counseling
- Family planning
- Prenatal care
- Labor and delivery
- Postpartum support
- Breastfeeding support
Our group sees patients at several convenient locations:
Saint Anthony Hospital Physician Center
2875 West 19th Street
Archer Avenue Clinic
4177 South Archer Avenue
For more information or assistance with appointments: