Saint Anthony Hospital offers individualized treatment plans, covering a wide variety of needs, for all ages – now at four convenient locations. Our team of skilled therapists provide a healthy atmosphere and targeted program with a primary focus of returning patients to the highest level of function possible. Our rehabilitation services include physical and occupational therapy, audiology, and speech therapy.
The Physical Therapy team is comprised of some of the most courteous, professional-trained staff with specialized expertise including pulmonary and post-stroke rehab.
Our physical therapists are trained to provide treatment programs for:
- Bad posture and ergonomics
- Difficulty walking and/or poor balance
- Postoperative care from rotator cuff repair, total knee replacement and arthroscopic surgery
- Orthopaedic injuries
- Fractures, sprains and strains
- Back and neck pain
- Joint and muscle pain due to arthritis, trauma or overuse
- Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) pain
- Wound care
- Stroke or heart attack
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
The Occupational Therapy Department offers programs to help patients regain day-to-day movements or skills for both medical and cognitive conditions.
Our occupational therapists work with patients who have issues including:
- Difficulty dressing, bathing, feeding or grooming
- Orthopaedic injuries of the arm and hand
- Work-related injuries
- Stroke or heart attack
- Brain injuries
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Arthritis of the hands and arms
- Repetitive hand injury
- Chronic pain management
The Speech Department treats speech, language and voice disorders in a supportive and child-friendly environment. Speech therapy includes prevention, identification, evaluation, treatment, education and rehabilitation of communication disorders.
Our speech language pathologists work with patients who may be experiencing:
Communication/speech and language delays:
- Expressive language: below average vocabulary development, inability to effectively express wants/needs/preferences using verbal communication
- Receptive language: difficulty with thinking skills due to stroke, head injury, dementia or developmental delay. Difficulty with listening, following directions and processing verbal or written language
- Articulation/phonology: difficulty with the accurate production of speech sounds and/or words
- Pragmatic language: difficulty with socialization skills and conversation/social language
- Fluency: difficulty with using fluent speech – stuttering
- Voice: difficulty with using appropriate volume and vocal control across settings
- Swallowing/Dysphagia: difficulty swallowing liquids and/or solid food, including excessive throat clearing, coughing and choking
Audiologists at Saint Anthony offer complete hearing assessments and treatments, as well as hearing aid evaluations and dispensing.
Our audiologists work with patients of all age groups, performing:
- Hearing tests for adults, children and infants
- Hearing aid fittings and repairs
*A physician referral is required for services.*
We offer four convenient locations, including our newest clinic at 1600 West 13th Street in the heart of University Village, and more locations opening soon!
|Saint Anthony Hospital
2875 West 19th Street
|Little Village Clinic
3059 West 26th Street
4455 South Kedzie Avenue
|SAH Physical Therapy
1600 West 13th Street